purple tulip from my garden
I haven’t had a lot of positive stuff happen in the last month or so. A rock slide crashed down on me and I’ve been getting out from underneath it stone by stone. So in lieu of life events, I’ve decided to do gratitude posts until I have something pleasant to say.
My self-imposed rules are to post 5 positive thoughts or events from the day and for each negative event that stresses me out, to think of 3 positive potential outcomes for it or aspects of it. Feel free to add your own thoughts or things you are grateful for in the comments — I’d love to hear them! 🙂
TODAY’S FIVE POSITIVES:
1. I went on a run today and felt powerful and present as the air moved in and out of my lungs.
2. I got a huge stack of grading done. Yippee!
3. I have a new friend who has been an amazing support and resource during this dark period. Thanks, Shana!
4. My other friends from high school and college have been amazing and loving and supportive during this trial of strength and endurance.
5. I love my new hair color.
auburn-colored hair agrees with me
3 POSITIVES FOR 1 NEGATIVE:
The Negative: I got an email stating that a professional development opportunity I’ve had counting towards my hours for recertification was revoked.
The Positives: 1) I’m learning how to navigate the political waters in a public school. 2) I’ve learned the value of a clear documentation trail (not that I didn’t know this before, but it reaffirmed a known truth). 3) I’ve discovered that I have some dedicated and powerful allies at school willing to go to bat for me.
The Negative: I am so incredibly out of shape after two weeks of not running and being super stressed out.
The Positives: 1) I can take it slow and build up from the base again since I’ve done it before and know myself capable of this. 2) I’m still slim and powerful. 3) The physical need to rebuild will align with my emotional and spiritual need to rebuild.